While I’ve always liked sweets, I never considered myself a sweet tooth until pregnancy and beyond.
So being on a diet where I’m eating around 1,300-1,400 calories a day means there’s not a lot of room for dessert. Actually, there isn’t any room, so I have to decide which meal I’m going to eat a little less of if I want to enjoy myself.
Here is a list of things keeping me sane:
- 10 peanut butter M&M’s (They have 10 calories each)
- Yasso bars (I can’t do Halo Top because I just want to eat the whole pint)
- Ticklebelly cake bites
- Smoothies (add PB2 or Vega chocolate flavored protein powder for more dessert like taste)
- Light & Fit vanilla Greek yogurt with defrosted frozen cherries
- Tonight I made a “pie” with a ready made chocolate graham cracker crust, sugar free chocolate pudding and lite whipped topping
- Lite whipped topping with fresh pineapple
- Fit & Active whole grain waffle with chunky peanut butter
- Forever Yogurt
And when I cut back a bit on all three meals AND workout, I will drive 4.5 mile to Bakers Square and get a slice of banana cream pie to go.